I am super excited to share my favorite snack recipe here….From childhood onwards, banana fritters were my favorite. We used to have this from our college canteen. That was super tasty. I really miss my college days and the banana fritters (and my friends and……… ya there are so many things I miss).
We call it ‘pazham pori’ in Malayalam. Also in some places it is called ‘ethakkappam’. Whatever you name it, this will make your every evening tastier. Over ripe banana makes tastier fritters than just ripe ones. Adding sugar is also optional.
Here is the recipe for my favorite snacks,
Yummy Banana Fritters
- 3 Ripe Plantain
- Oil for frying
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour Plain flour/ Maida
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Salt a pinch
- Turmeric powder optional, for color, a pinch
- 1 cup water
- First prepare the batter. Take the flour, sugar, salt, turmeric powder and water in a bowl. Stir and mix them together without any lumps.
- The batter must be thick with the consistency of a pancake batter.
- Peel off the banana skin. Slice them into small pieces. Add each piece into the batter.
- Mix with a spoon so that all the pieces are well immersed in the batter.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom vessel.
- Add the coated pieces into the hot oil. Fry over medium heat until it becomes a light golden brown color.
- Then remove from oil and place on a tissue paper to remove any excess oil. Then move it into another bowl.
The yummy banana fritters are ready.
Enjoy a rainy evening snack………
More Plantain / Banana Recipes:
|Plantain Chikoo Milkshake