Broccoli omelette is an easy to prepare and another nutritious recipe from my kitchen. I don’t make omelets often. But when I do, I try to make sure, it has some additional healthy factor included, like the Green Onion Omelette I posted earlier. So today it’s broccoli, one of the super healthy green veggie.
Broccoli omelette makes a protein rich and nutrient-packed – particularly the essential nutrients, satisfying breakfast dish. This also goes well as a side dish with rice. You can easily whip up the broccoli omelet on busy days and stay healthy through the day. I used a ceramic pan to prepare the omelette, so very little oil is used. Here is the video recipe that shows step by step procedure. The printable version of the recipe is below.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 2 green chilli chopped
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- Take the chopped onion in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and salt into the bowl and whisk well to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped green chilli and saute for a few seconds.
- Then add the broccoli florets and a pinch of salt.
- Stir-cook on medium heat for a minute or until just cooked.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Now spread the prepared egg-onion mix on top of the broccoli.
- Give an instant mix with a spatula to spread the broccoli.
- Now cook undisturbed on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Flip the omelette and cook for some 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle some chopped onion on top of the omelette.
- Serve hot.
You can top the omelette with some cheese if you like it cheesy. We usually pair omelette with rice. But it goes well with a toast also.
If you are a broccoli lover, you may also like the Broccoli Stir-fry.